Alex Audio and Video is a one stop subwoofer and powered speaker repair shop. We are a manufacturer authorized warranty repair service center for many major brands of subwoofer and powered speakers. Providing repair in and out of warranty. Serving Minneapolis Saint Paul MN and surrounding states since 1977
Subwoofer Repair Minneapolis St Paul
Subwoofer are speaker designed specifically and exclusively to reproduce the lowest register of audio in Home Theater and audiophile systems. Often using large drivers sealed in a square box. Subwoofer and Powered Speakers we repair: Bic America, Bower & Wilkins, Celestion, Definitive Technology, Infinity, JBL, KEF, Klipsch, M&K, Mirage, Onkyo, Paradigm, Pioneer, Polk, Sunfire, Totem Acoustic, Velodyne, Yamaha and many more!
Minnesota Subwoofer Repair Shop
- Subwoofers originally were designed to augment the lackluster bass performance of floor-standing speakers.
- Getting subs to integrate with audiophile speakers in the early days was without question a challenge but, when done properly, the results added tremendous impact to the overall sound.
- Today, Subwoofers get a lot more respect, because in 5.1 surround, the “point 1” channel is the LFE or subwoofer channel.
- Meaning that even with most good surround sound formats, ranging from Dolby Digital to DTS to today’s best lossless formats like DTS Master Audio and Dolby True HD, your subwoofer is getting discrete audio mixed and mastered only for your woofer.
- The significance of this for audio and movies is that the mixing engineer can find exactly where the most bass-demanding effects or instruments can go.
- The best place for them to go in the mix is the subwoofer. It allows your main speakers to do what they do best and do it more clearly, while not sucking the life out of your amplifiers, which are trying to power a gigantic explosion or the dynamics of a tympani drum.
- Today modern Subwoofers are powered with class AB amplifiers, allowing them to reproducing bass from 140 Hz to below 20 Hz. Subwoofers playing important role in 5.1 surround sound, the point 1 channel is the LFE or subwoofer channel, meaning that even with most good surround sound formats, ranging from.
- Dolby Digital to DTS to today’s best lossless formats like DTS Master Audio and Dolby True HD, your subwoofer is getting discrete audio mixed and mastered only for your woofer.
- The importance of this for audio and movies is that the mixing professionals able decide exactly where the most bass-demanding effects or instruments can go.
Powered Speaker Repair Minneapolis St Paul
- We guarantee our COD parts and labor for 90 days. Warranties apply to the original repair only, physical damage, shorted outputs in Stereo, abuse, power surge, lightning, are not covered. Original manufacturer warranty applies.