We are a Minnesota authorized stereo repair and vintage audio repair shop. Providing stereo repair and vintage audio repair in and out warranty. Home theater receivers, vintage stereo receivers. A/V receivers, amplifiers, power amplifiers, integrated amplifiers, preamps, CD players, CD changers, powered speaker, subwoofer, tape recorders, tuners and turntables. Specializing in home audio repair & vintage stereo repair.
Vintage Stereo Repair MN, WI, IA, SD, ND, USA
We repair major brands of vintage audio and stereo receivers 1970 and newer: Marantz, Pioneer SX, Sansui G, Sony STR, Rotel RA, Yamaha CR, Toshiba SA, Kenwood KR, Harman Kardon and others. If you need a vintage stereo repair or you need to repair any other electronics, give us a call. We have provided home theater receiver and vintage stereo repair service to Minnesota and surrounding states since 1977.
Stereo repair and vintage audio repair shop
All our repairs, upgrades and service scaguled by date of order. We do our best to give a fast and correct estimate however sometimes the estimate can only be given after the product has a more thorough diagnosis. It varies with current repair volume, parts availability, age of the unit and support of manufacturer. Currently our turnaround time for audio product estimates is 2 to 3 weeks.
Basic home theater and stereo troubleshooting tips.
- It seems a number of people are experiencing problems with the HDMI in the new receivers.
- If you have experienced any of these issues most likely you have a bad HDMI board. Troubleshooting: Connect HDMI Cable directly from the DVD or Cable box to TV bypassing the HDMI on the audio receiver and see if it works.
- If you have lights on your Receiver but no sound Check Tape Monitor switch.
- If you are using Master Remote for your Home Theater be sure all units are off before you turn it on.
- Verify if Receiver is on right input for audio and video.
- Verify if Receiver/Amplifier is set on right speakers output and use correct speaker and wires see below.
- Turn off your Receiver or Amplifier before you start inspecting speaker connections.
- Check Speaker Wires on Receiver and Speakers look for damage or loose connections whiskers.
- Make sure that the insulation is adequately stripped on both ends of the wires and they are not touching each other and not damage receiver.
Maximum Speaker wire lengths for two conductor copper wire.
- Wire size 2 Ω load 4 Ω load 6 Ω load 8 Ω load
- 22 AWG 3 ft 6 ft 9 ft 12 ft
- 20 AWG 5 ft 10 ft 15 ft 20 ft
- 18 AWG 8 ft 16 ft 24 ft 32 ft
- 16 AWG 12 ft 24 ft 36 ft 48 ft
- 14 AWG 20 ft 40 ft 60 ft 80 ft
- 12 AWG 30 ft 60 ft 90 ft 120 ft
- 10 AWG 50 ft 100 ft 150 ft 200 ft
- A speaker wire resistance must be less than 5% of the speaker impedance not to have negative effect.
- Because speakers rated 4 ohm may not be 4 ohm in all frequencies. You could hear audible differences if the wire not heavy enough for lower impedance of the speaker. Read more about wire
Stereo Repair, Vintage Stereo Repair, Minnesota. USA
- We guarantee our COD parts and labor for 90 days. Warranties apply to the original repair only, physical damage, shorted outputs in Stereo, abuse, power surge, lightning, are not covered. Original manufacturer warranty applies.