We are a Minnesota authorized audio repair shop providing vintage stereo repair and home theater audio receivers in and out warranty. A/V receivers, amplifiers, power amplifiers, preamps. CD players, CD changers, powered speakers, subwoofers, tape recorders, tuners and turntables. Specializing in home theater audio and vintage stereo repair.
Audio receivers and Vintage stereo repair
- Providing major brands of Japanese audio and vintage stereo receiver repair: Pioneer SX, Onkyo, Marantz, Denon, Sansui AU, TU, G, Kenwood, KA, KR, Harman Kardon, Rotel RA, Yamaha, Sherwood, Sony STR, Technics SA, SU, for older than 1975 contact us first. Vintage stereo receiver repair MN, WI, IA, SD, ND, USA
- If you need a vintage stereo repair or you need to repair any other electronics, give us a call.
- We provide home theater receiver and vintage stereo repair service to MN, WI, IA, SD, ND, USA
Home Audio and Vintage Stereo Repair
- All our repairs, upgrades and service scheduled by date of order.
- We do our best to give a fast and correct estimate however sometimes the estimate can only be given after the product has a more thorough diagnosis.
- It varies with current repair volume, parts availability, age of the unit and support of manufacturer.
- Currently our turnaround time for audio product estimates is 3 to 4 weeks.
Basic home theater and stereo troubleshooting tips.
- It seems a number of people are experiencing problems with the HDMI in the new receivers.
- If you have experienced any of these issues most likely you have a bad HDMI board in A/V receiver. Troubleshooting: Connect HDMI Cable directly from the DVD or Cable box to TV bypassing the HDMI on the audio receiver and see if it works.
- If you have lights on your Receiver but no sound Check Tape Monitor switch.
- If you are using Master Remote for your Home Theater be sure all units are off before you turn it on.
- Verify if Receiver is on right input for audio and video.
- Verify if Receiver/Amplifier is set on right speakers output and use correct speaker and wires see below.
- Turn off your receiver or amplifier before inspecting speaker connections.
- Check Speaker Wires on Receiver and Speakers look for damage or loose connections and whiskers.
- Make sure that the insulation is adequately stripped on both ends of the wires and they are not touching each other and not damage receiver.
Maximum Speaker wire lengths for two conductor copper wire.
- Wire size 4 Ω load 8 Ω load
- 22 AWG 6 ft 12 ft
- 20 AWG 10 ft 20 ft
- 18 AWG 16 ft 32 ft
- 16 AWG 24 ft 48 ft
- 14 AWG 40 ft 80 ft
- 12 AWG 60 ft 120 ft
- 10 AWG 100 ft 200 ft
- A speaker wire resistance must be less than 5% of the speaker impedance not to have negative effect.
- Because speakers rated 4 ohm may not be 4 ohm in all frequencies. You could hear audible differences if the wire not heavy enough for lower impedance of the speaker. Read more about wire
Manufacturer authorized Stereo Repair Shop
- We guarantee our COD parts and labor for 90 days. Warranties apply to the original repair only. Physical damage, shorted output transistors, abuse, power surge, lightning, are not covered.
- Original manufacturer warranty applies.